COVID-19 Lockdown 2021 Restrictions Willing & “Abel” To Continue Trading
Following the recent lockdown announcement, we are happy to say that Abelglass is able to continue trading. However, customer and staff safety is at the forefront of our mind at all times. Therefore, we have just a few minor changes which we need to let you know about.
Showroom & Trade Counter
Our showroom will be closed to members of the public, however, our trade counter can remain open. This is because our business is connected to an industry that has no current restrictions and, therefore, can continue to operate.
Trade Customers are asked to let us know in advance before arriving to collect their order or, indeed, to place an order. This is important to us, especially if we’re trying to manage the unexpected absence of a member of staff due to ‘Test and Trace’ reasons.
Working In People’s Homes
How we are making sure our service is safe for everyone
Surveys and installations can still be completed in other people’s homes.
Our team members will adhere to our strict safety precautions when visiting customer homes. However, if you would like to discuss exactly how you would like your visit to be conducted in advance please just get in touch.
When our Abelglass operatives visit your home to carry out a survey or installation, the following safety precautions will be followed…
- Our operatives will only attend your home if they and their household are Coronavirus symptom-free for a minimum of 14 days. If there are any signs they have been in contact with the virus, they are required to self-isolate and won’t carry out visits until safe to do so.
- We will be in touch with you on the day of your home visit to confirm that you and your household are also symptom-free. If you or any member of your household has any symptoms our visit will not go ahead. However, we will be able to re-arrange your consultation if necessary.
- All of our operatives are equipped with their own safety kit. Safety kits include liquid hand soap, sanitiser, freshly laundered hand-towels, disposable gloves, boot covers and face coverings.
- Our operatives will observe strict social distancing throughout the visit and stay at least 2m away. You can even expect a friendly wave instead of a handshake.
- If you prefer discussions to take place outdoors, just let us know and we will accommodate your needs.
- All product samples will be disinfected thoroughly before and after every visit and you will be asked to wear sanitary gloves if you wish to handle them.
- On completion of the visit our operatives will clean and disinfect any surfaces which they have touched in your home before leaving.
Should circumstances prevent us from honouring any agreed appointments, we will let people know as soon as we can. The very nature of receiving an immediate notification from ‘Test and Trace’ means this can sometimes be with little or no notice.
Safety Is A Priority
We will make no exceptions when it comes to ensuring our Abelglass family and all our customers stay safe and remain confident in our ability to ensure those working practices remain at the heart of everything we do.
It is clear from the latest Government advice and, more specifically, the guidance issued from our Industry Association (Glass & Glazing Federation) we can continue to work in people’s homes so long as we follow our already embedded, well-rehearsed COVID-secure working practices and maintain social distancing from the homeowner.
We Are Still Working
We will continue to honour all orders placed and will take on new instructions for works to be completed while keeping a close eye on any government announcements.
Opening times – Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00, Friday 08:00 – 16:00
While we remain closed on Saturday’s & Sunday’s, we have resumed our usual opening times Monday to Friday. Our answering service will be available at all other times.
Being a mutually-supportive family-run business, our trading status could have been very different had we not have placed such a strong emphasis on those safe working practices we quickly established from the outset in late February 2020.
Our premises on Blackpool Old Road is fully operational in all areas of production and all staff are following social distancing guidelines while maintaining an enhanced cleaning schedule.
Safe Business Practices
You’ll never know if any of our office-based staff are self-isolating at home – with a fully cloud-based IT system & VOIP telephone system in place – we are striving to maintain the very best service for you.
As the country enters this second wave of the COVID-19 crisis, despite exceptional order levels, tackling supply chain issues that we are all experiencing in the industry, and these new lockdown measures, it is business as usual here at Abelglass.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this crisis. We remain indebted to our dedicated staff who have worked tirelessly and selflessly since they all returned from furlough in June and are ready to help you with whatever you need – please just give us a call on 01253 893355.
The Abelglass Team